Detailed log of changes to Bricks app
- Reduce left menu space to make display more compact
- Active sprint page: When a sprint is active a menu item appear to go directly to the sprint board
Active sprint page
- Integrate BCF import with view point to the 3D model When a BCF contain viewpoint information, clicking on the screenshot with the good 3D model restore the view
- Allow project member to upload IFC in a project (before it was only manager)
- Project templates : Add templates page to create a project from predefined templates and make it easy start a project
Architecture & construction project templates
- Improve the stage / sprint creation experience by settings default date to today and settings default duration (1 month for stage, 2 week for sprint)
- Set board page as default project page (instead of topic list)
- Add User name full info in assignement board to make it easy see to who you are assigning to
On board by assignement the full name and information is displayed
- Fix problem of update of the BIM info screenshot
- Fix update problem in board when editing a topic
- Fix the icon to open / close stage in roadmap view
- Fix a bug preventing the import of specific BCF files
- IFC model view available everywhere in Bricks
- When we click on BIM info block, we go back to model viewer !
- Fix a bug when importing BCF files with no mapping files
- Update model viewer to use IFC.js library, it allow to have faster upload (without any conversion) and a better support of IFC files. It is also a way for us to support an open source library that will change the support of IFC and make it much more easy to use.
- Add the possibility to delete uploaded IFC files
- When duplicating a project, the dates of sprint and stages will be offseted by default so that you can create template of stage / sprints. When you duplicate the project the earliest date will be actualized to current date even if the template was created in the past.
- Revit plugin version is getting improved to v0.5.
IFC viewer with Ifc.js
New updates this month about IFC models management and viewer, Revit plugin integration, Onboarding and UI simplication, and BCF imports.
- New IFC model upload and viewer : this feature is still in beta stage but we wish to make you benefit from it as soon as possible. It allows you to upload some IFC files related to your projects in Bricks. The first version of this feature don't include version management, but keep in touch, we will release that improvement in the next week. What you can do at this stage :
- Upload one or more IFC files (not bigger than 50MB)
- see the one model at a time in the online viewer
- Take snapshot of the model
- View the model in full screen
- Added a new topic card design to be used by Revit plugin and model viewer to make it easy see the topic screenshots of the models and attach new model screenshot easily
- Add illustration and button to create a topic for new project to make it easy know what is the best action to do to start with Bricks
- Simplify project list and keep only "My projects" and "Library" More filters will come later, but for now it is better to keep it simple in the user project list and in the project switcher
- Make it more straighforward to choose another plan when your organisation is already in a plan or in trial period
- No duplicate imports in BCF when importing same topics, you can import the same BCF file or the same file with modification without duplicating topics, the information will just be updated
- Ignore deleted projects to calculate max number of users in an organization
- Sync topics with BCF import without duplication of topics when the topic data has been updated in an external application.
This way you can import again and again while being sure to have always the latest version!
- Then another user using another app, edited the topic title.
- Then when reimporting the same BCF file
- the 2 changes : update of title in external app and adding a comment in Bricks will be preserved
By default new organization have a 15 days trial!
- Add a "upgrade to paid plan" link to encourage new user to upgrade in the organization menu
Upgrade is now an option easier to find
- Fix a a bug that prevented to use mention a user with @ syntax on mobile devices
- Fix a bug that prevented from scrolling the topic list on mobile devices
- Roadmap stage or sprint move : It is now possible to change a stage / sprint duration on roadmap by drag and dropping so you can keep the sprint duration, but just move it. It can be useful if you want are not very sure of the date of a stage, and need to change it quickly. Or to adjust with the reality of your workflow
- Roadmap stage or sprint resize : In the same logic it is possible to resize the duration of a stage or sprint just with handle you will see when hovering on a stage or sprint bar
- Kanban drag and drop improved : In kanban it is now possible to drag a topic to a column far away without having to drop the topic in a column you don't want to.
New zoom / Weekly / Monthly
Popup displayed when we finish a sprint with some incomplete topics
Confirmation popup when trying to remove someone from a team
- Private teams : Only team member see the existence of a team so you can create some "private" team even for the project owner. As a reminder only project manager can create team and invite members to it.
- Add brand new navigation with a left menu ! to make it easy navigate all app and have a bigger screen space to handle your topics or track tasks on the kanban.
New left menu to navigate in the app
- add buttons to make it easy start / end sprint [Roadmap]
- Add extra links in topic edit to edit a topic more quickly [Topic]
Menu to edit a topic more quickly
- Add an action in a topic tasks list to copy task list in clipboard [Topic]
Copy the tasks list to clipboard
Copy pastable in any software
- Add an action in kanban column actions to copy all topics in a column in the clipboard
Copy topics in clipboard from kanban board
- Add some color to warn you about the end date of a topic
Urgency color warning
- Hide done and archived topics from table view to make it easy focus on what needs to be done
- Add a TODO filter to show only open topics in topic list and exclude Done topics from table view
Done fillter to exclude Done topics from the default list
- Redesign the user project menu
- Augment to 8 chars minimum limit to password to reinforce security
- Allow drag and drop of topics in kanban workflow with a All teams filter
- Import all users from BCF files as observer to let you manually change their role as needed but get access to the imported topics
- Add shorcut options for common actions in topic actions menu
Topic actions menu new options
- Add a help menu to make it easier to access our help information
- Private teams : now when you are project manager or owner and created a new team, only user invited to this team can see the team exist. Before other managers could see the team in project settings but could not access to it's content. Read more about how teams works here.
- Improve performance and memory usage
- Fix a bug when moving card from team to team, they was showing in the wrong team
- Fix a bug where kanban column actions were not visible [BOARD]
- Hide done topics from board (expect workflow board) to focus on what needs to be done [Roadmap]
- Link to board and list from roadmap sprint [Roadmap]
- Open topic side view from roadmap sprint planner [Roadmap]
- Add keyboard event in sprint planner [Roadmap]
- Be able to change and see team of a topic from any topic edit form [Topic edit]
- Improve card design consistency [mutliple screen]
- Add a color indication to end date and a warning in case of overdue
- Fix bug when moving or marking as done multiple topics with filter to all Teams [Topic List]
- Fix bug that prevented access to public project for anonymous [Project]
- Revit plugin v0 (On demand, please send us a email to test) This version allow to have bricks in the revit context and create topic while you see the revit screen.
- Add a welcome page for Desktop App
- Add a confirmation step before deleting multiple topics
- Get context when creating topic in kanban board to get currently applied automatically set
- Improve projects settings design
- Open sprint / stage sideview more easily in roadmap view
- Technical tests to do connection with Heroku hosting and MongoDb Atlas cloud DV
- Backend double control on data saving / More security
- Fix a bug when importing BCF that make page unresponsive
- Fix slow stage status change on big project
- Show all teams content to all users when project is public
- Fix a problem where topic did not show correctly the sprint / stage they were assigned to if the sprint was ended
- Stage / sprint created as started will be correctly started
- Topic assigned to sprint / stage that is ended now show the ended sprint / stage
- Add an observer role for project member that need only to read the exchanges. Extra advantage is that those users are free for the organization that created the project
- Add a new board type by end date to display the topics organized by urgency of the end date. It is compatible with sprint end date, so if a topic have no end date but is within a sprint that have one, it is the end date we take.
- Add a Sprint / Stage organizer panel to list all the sprint topics from roadmap view
- Add a display of topics from all teams in topics list, board, table and file tab
- Add a link to desktop app to download for windows users
- Add a default display for file in project > file when file is not an image
- Launch demo just after the onboarding
- Add oberver role in onbarding invite form
- Make roadmap header (the date bar) sticky to make roadmap more readable
- Hide not done topics in End date Board
- Allow long title topic to display in multi-line in kanban
- Improve board performance for big project
- Fix a problem when duplicating projects with an account with google signin
- Fix double loading of API queries
- Fix team not visible in demo
- Fix the display of contextual menu in roadmap when connected to a public project as an observer
- Fix a bug to duplicate a project with an account created with google signin
- Fix empty project menu when not having permission to duplicate project
- Add an observer role to limit what user can do on a project
- Fix board slowness and "strange" animation when drag and droping from column to column
- Fix bug preventing from filtering the board with sprint
- Desktop app for windows users ! : To have Bricks with you others apps in your desktop ! The app is similar to the wep app but may be better for you if you use it often.
- Activate subscription plan for users : Bricks is still free but free version is limited to 3 users. The billing is done per organization and we count the number of different users you may have invited in all the organization projects, you can invite up to 2 users + the creator of the org and then you can pay to get more seats. The 3 free seats remain free, so if you need to work as a team of 5 people. You only need to pay for 2 seats.
- Google chat integration: Along with slack, we now support the integration with google chat to automatically sync the bricks topics in google chat real time communication
- Public project library : discover project templates to start from. Or demo projects to know what is possible to do with Bricks. You can duplicate any of those projects and modify them as you want. Only featured project are listed. So if you make a project public, it will never be listed here unless you want to contribute to Bricks library! In that case, please ask us and if your project is of a general interest we may include it in our feature selection.
- Add buttons to start / pause / end stage from the list grouped by Stage display
- Multiple edit topics to be able to set same value for multiple topics from topics list
- Improve roadmap : Fix some display bugs and add sprint / status information on card
- Create a update parameter API using graphql to update project parameter in a more efficient way and save request payload
- Fix favicon display for windows users
- Fix a display bug when opening the chart
- Fix a bug relative to saving a stage with a flow
- Fix a bug that prevented do action on kanban just after saving a topic
- Sort Kanban by custom order and save the order on a per project per team basis
- Flow in multiple stages If the flow is the same, why not using it on multiple stage !
- Teams are displayed in alphabetic order in all context including topic move feature
- Export in xls and pdf follow order of topics displayed
- Display stage status in topic group by
- Fix a problem to import trello cards in a team different from general. It was partially imported. Now all cards are imported corectly.
- Fix problem with Create organization button on onboarding
- Roadmap view : Allows to list sprint and stage in a timeline to have a clear view of the project progress and link to stage / sprint topics easily
- Duplicate topics allows to duplicate an existing topic. It can help you to use a topic as a template for example if you use always the same kind of topic with the same tasks. It can be alternatively a way to archive a topic with all the comment history.
- Email preferences: Be able to set the emails you want to receive
- Add workflow to stage allow to precise if a stage is in preparation, started or ended and send email to all project to announce the change of status
- Add some inline help message in project settings
- Multiple topics move to be able to move multiple to other teams and to be able to reorganize the project as the number of teams grows
- Flow management: Define standard workflow and clarify a checklist with your team members on a stage per stage basis.
- Social login : Possibility to login and create an account associated with a google email
- Sort by end date in topic list to order the topic by the optional end date of a topic. It add to the other sort possibility
- Set organization clickable in project viewer only if we belongs to it
- Limit teams we can move topic to, to the teams we belongs to ! In order not to be able to move topics by error to team we can not have access
- Improve sideview panel header design
- Allow creation of topic in done state from Kanban
- Improvement in the clickability of the context menu button (larger and with a bigger click zone)
- Fix a update problem of files tab when uploading new image
- Fix a display problem of image viewer
- Do not show an error when trying to delete a task we were trying to add
- Fix a bug when removing a stage which was associated with a sprint
- Fix a bug where creating a new topic was preset with previous topic created
- Sort topic list by name, update or priority. Save the sort preference team by team
- Project owner can define the organization he work on a project
- When a project is created, the organization it was created in is automatically assigned to it's creator
- Show user information on hover on topic tasks
- Always open topic side view when clicking on a topic (on card and card title)
- Assign sprint to stage to be able to schedule work period (sprints) in a given stage
- Hide ended sprint from topic properties values and kanban by sprint
- Fix a problem to remove project parameter option value
- Fix a display problem of progress graph
- Fix an buggy confirmation when removing files from comment
- Display assignees only who have access to current team
- Fix errors after signin for project invitees with not defined prefered languages
- Uniformize action context menu icon and handle touch device. Replace horizontal ... icons by a vertical one to make it easier to see and handle. Display on hover on desktop and always display on mobile. Uniformize display across all application.
- Link to BIM 360 viewer instead of file list to make it easier get the very file we have attached to Bricks and not a file list where it is not possible to quickly see the file
- Organization renaming and custom url: It is now possible to rename an organization and set it's url manually which is independant of it's name. We added also a description to communicate about organization mission and improved the display of information in organization lists.
- Project Admin can now move topics between teams even if it's not their topic
- Allow now to rename TO DO and DONE columns
- Improve mobile design of user list of projects
- Fix user name display in user menu
- Fix redirect when accessing on an non existing project
- Fix password reset invalid button state
- Fix redirection when trying to access a project of organization we don't have access
- Fix workflow state order in topic edit
- Public projects: projects can now be set to public or be kept as private (default value). When project are public anyone with the project link can access in readonly mode (as a guest). Setting a project as public is a great way to share a project to others without inviting them as members. Some of the best public projects will be included in a library of open source projects templates available from your projects list.
- Duplicate projects: It is now possible to duplicate a whole project to copy it's structure, copy it's topics. It can help you create reusable templates or just make a backup of a project at a given time. Mind that duplication don't copy project users and you can copy only what you have access to !
- Team are no more accessible by admin by default: Change invitation by default in team for admin. All users need to be invited, not only the members. So the administrators don't have extra privileges and only the user that need to access to a given team conversation can view it.
- File tab team handling: File tabs now handle teams. So only files of your team are listed. You can then share privately inside your team. If you want to share to all project members. General team is perfect for that.
- Improve comment & description markdown rendering in topic comment and description to improve readibility of code (`my code`), emphasis (*text*), blockquote (> I quote someone) and titles (#, ##, ###)
- List team by alphabetical order to improve usability whith multiple teams
- Improve manage team page User interface for consistency with the rests of the app
- Add a preview in browser option for PDF files
- Mass reopen and delete topics to make it easy do some batch actions for example when topics are done (archiving) or if an import error has caused many "bad" topics to be created for exampl
- Fix some email digest inconsistencies and sending issues
- Fix kanban columns sometimes don't show
- Fix Kanban differentiate touch device from desktop device
- Fix opening of image viewer from topic sideview
- Fix kanban long column name display bug
- Fix firefox project list display bug
- Fix projects search between tabs
- Fix problem with project edit confirmation display
- Fix in topic grouped by that groups open status are lost when opening side view
- Fix in topic grouped a double loading (slow loading and refresh of scroll)
- Fix display of history when saving topic estimation changes
- Attach files from BIM 360 to a topic comment with a viewer
- Navigate in topics with smooth infinite scroll in my topic page
- Warn the user when the page have change
- Display visually when topic are done in kanban, topic list, table view and my topics page
- Automatically save properties in topic page with no submit button
- Edit comment while in topic side view (kanban and topic list)
- Grouped by assigned should show grouped
- Language switching inconsistency
- Adding a task should not scroll to bottom of page
- Workflow field should show with correct updated value
- Wrong history date display in topic side view
- Fix visibility of check in archived topic list
- Fix possibility to add tasks after having deleted a task
- Fix possibility to select text in topic side view
- Fix a column order problem when importing trello board
- Display a message when page has changed (new topic, comment...)
- Mentions all users having participated in a topic
- Ask to fill organization when inviting user to a project and display of members by organization
- Edit topic properties from side view panel
- Loading spinner + bar : show more clearly when a page is loading
- Multiple archive topics : to make it easy archive multiple topics at once
- Ask user to fill profile when user create account from invitation : so that invited user fill their profile correctly the same way people that created their account directly
- Many bug fixes!
- Daily email digest of all project modifications
- Trello import : Import topics from any trello board !
- Sprint status: Manage sprint status : start, pause and end sprints
- Make topic unread status more reliable
- Image tag recognition and search image by tags
- Be able to edit topic from topic list in group display
- Make links in task clickable
- Move to angular 8 version
- Important performance improvement
- Export topics as a pdf report
To send a state of project topics for a meeting or by email, it is convenient to create some pdf reports. It is now possible, you only have to select the topics you want to export or all topics of a project. Currently, we have one generic report template but more reports types will come later. Stay tuned.
- Edit topics directly from topic list or Kanban
It is now possible to edit a topic directly from topic list or Kanban to save type and don't lose the context of the list.
- Open topic in side view panel in all displays : list, table and Kanban
To be able to quickly see the content of a topic, we generalized the side view that display the topic in context with the list of topics. Previously it was available only on topic list. Now it is available from all displays : topic list, Kanban board or table of topics.
- Reorder tasks to better hierarchize what needs to be done
It is now possible to reorder topic tasks to better hierarchize the succession of tasks to be done to complete a topic.
- Add more services in uploader + image editing
Bricks uploader support now the most important file sharing service like google drive, Dropbox, box or one Drive as well as device camera and images platforms like google photos and Instagram. It is also possible to edit an image before upload it in Bricks to for example crop it, improve its luminosity or put it in black and white.
- Be able to set workflow state in topic page
Previously it was possible to set workflow state of a topic (to do, doing, done by default) only from Kanban. Now it is possible to do it just by settings a fields in topic page.
- Add a new filter in topic list to filter by workflow state
All to filter topics as in Kanban by workflow state
- Fix drag and dropping of Kanban card when scrolling big list
When the list of cards was big and you scroll down on a column. Drag and dropping to another column was restoring the scroll to initial scroll, which was quite confusing. Now the display of Kanban don't change any more after the drag and drop.
- Fix a bug that prevented to delete an image from an empty comment
- Fix a bug of refresh of the team list when changing project with project switcher
- Prevent from creating sprint, staged... with end date anterior to start date
- Fix a bug when importing BCF files in a not default Team
- Fix a bug when changing team in kanban when one of them have no topics
Make it possible to perform quick edits to the uploaded image like cropping, make it lighter, or in black and white
The 3 types of pages : user, organization and project have now a similar header that recall in which page we are. The header and the main menu are always visible even if we scroll down the page. More info.
Previously it was only possible to assign a topic to a team member. Now it is possible to assign each task to a different member. This way you can define more precisely who do what and guaranty things are done. More info.
Take a screenshot of your screen, then paste it in topic comment or description. It will be uploaded as other images. A time saver for example to paste an annotated screenshot of the BIM model.
All menus like user menus or contextual menus are now easily clickable and appear correctly even on mobile.
We improved the style of topic properties form and topic search filters. Indeed, it was previously difficult to unselect a property. Also, the visual style is now much lighter. Also, we added a convenient way to edit parameters or project members directly from the select list.
BCF is an exchange file used in BIM to export / import issues between applications. You can for example create issues in Solibri model checker or Tekla BIMsight, export a BCF file containing issues information along with screenshots... and imports them in Bricks. You can assign default properties and create the imported topics in the team you want.
To be able to identify there are new unread comments or topics in a project, topic card summary displays with bold case when unread and normal case when all status are read. If you use Gmail, it is the same format, so you should be used to that!
You can see quickly if your are up to date.
To have more information about a team member contextually we added a pop-up that show on hover on the member profile image. Then you can quickly have information like his full name, his user name, or phone number.
When your hover a user picture for 2s you can see his details.
It is now possible to group topics by all properties
New icon to access my topics view
In order to see quickly all my tasks spread in different projects, we created a new page that is accessible thanks to a visible icon on top right of the screen. In this display we separated in 2 categories of topics : the topics assigned to you by others, or the topics you created.
A project button on each topic line link with the specific project and comment thread. You can then use my topics view as a way to choose on which project you are going to work and recall you due tasks.